YOUNG UNARMED BLACK MAN SHOT AND PARALYZED IN HIS NEIGHBORHOOD BY FAKE COP FOR TALKING TO WHITE GIRL IN HIS CAR
On February 4, sitting in his own car in his own neighborhood, talking to a female passenger, Monroe Bird was shot in the neck by a security guard, Ricky Stone, a 52-year-old white man. The bullet pierced the C3 vertebrae in his neck. Standing 6 feet, 8 inches, Bird, a gifted athlete, is now unable to move his arms or legs and relies on a ventilator to breathe.
Heres what you need to know:
- The security guard who shot Bird possessed marijuana at the time of the shooting. He told the Tulsa police that he hadn’t smoked it in a few weeks, and they didn’t even give him a citation. This is the definition of white privilege. Mind you, Tulsa was quick to test Eric Harris for drugs after they killed him and then released the results widely—even though he never acted violently toward officers.
- The security guard went to the tired, age-old excuse and claimed that he saw Bird reach into his glove compartment. According to the police report, no weapons were found in or near the car, and no items that even seemed to belong in the glove compartment were found out or about in the car.
- The security guard claimed he thought Monroe and his female passenger were having sex in the car and that he only approached them because of this. She’s white. Bird is black. Both denied doing anything of the sort.
The security guard has claimed that Bird, who has no criminal record, attempted to run him over and basically kill him there on the spot.
Both the female passenger and Bird denied the guard’s account and stated that they were driving away when Stone began recklessly firing his gun into the car.
- The security guard who shot Bird worked for Benjy D. Smith, who owns Smith & Son Security Company. This important to know because Smith is a reserve deputy for the same Tulsa Sheriff’s Office that is currently under national scrutiny for its unethical practices with Reserve Deputy Bob Bates, who shot and killed Eric Harris earlier this year.
- The insurance company is denying him coverage because they claim “it was his own fault that he got shot.”
PLEASE HELP HIM!!
you can either Donate (doesnt have to be alot it can be as small as $5) or Call the healthcare group and demand they give coverage with the number listed above.
This really hurt my heart.
I just cannot with the world anymore. I avoid the news sometimes cause it is so hurtful. But I also need to be woke.