29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
Harry Potter. >_> Yeah. Blew through the first four, then…eh.
35. Favorite poet?
I am very much not a poetry person so it’s only when they come up in other media do I actually notice them. Robert Frost (Nothing Gold Can Stay) is probably the easiest one to go to but I also really like Leo Marks’s The Life That I have and Wiliam Ernest Henley’s Invictus.
44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
The Lord of the Rings.
45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
Okay, I know most people won’t agree, and it’s probably not even my least favorite but it’s what popped to mind first: Fantastic Mr. Fox. Ocean’s Farm Heists, more like it! Gah. It should have been elegant and smooth and painted.
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
If I’ve made it that far, I’ll probably stick to the end.
53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
Tons, really, but some of the first I can remember are Westerns from my grandfather’s library. Absolutely a fan now.